An express trip to two of the most iconic places in the country, Quito and the Middle of the World. Enjoy the beauty of the city and its majestic historic center. Visit the Middle of the World City, its museums, plazas, restaurants, shops and more
- La Mariscal
- La Basílica
- Plaza Grande
- San Francisco
- El Panecillo
- Equatorial Monument
Visit two of the most iconic places in the country, the colonial center of Quito, and the Middle of the World.
- Our journey begins in the northern part of the city with a tour along the most important commercial areas, where most of the hotels in Quito are located. Then we head to the historic center to visit the Basilica del Voto Nacional, where we will make a brief stop and explanation to later reach the Plaza de la Independencia, where through a walking route you will see the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace and the La Compañia Church, recognized for its adornments and gold altars. Tour will continue towards the Church of San Francisco, built in the seventeenth century. (Entrance to churches are not included). Then headed to the Mirador del Panecillo, a place renowned for its beauty, where you can admire a beautiful landscape of colonial and modern Quito.We will stop at the “Zona Rosa” of the city, to have free time for lunch, and then continue to the northem part of the city, heading up to the “Middle of the World City” (entrance is included) where the monument that divides the Northern from the Southern Hemisphere will be observed. It was built during the XVII century when a French Expedition defined the precise location of
the equatorial line.
- Full-day tour
- Entrance to the Middle of the World City
- Roundtrip Hotel Transfers
- Some Admissions
- Optional Gratuities
- Services not specified in the tour
- Prices are per person for shared services.
- Operates from Monday to Saturday
- Duration: 7 hours
- Pick-up time: 08:00 – 09:20am
- Pick up from: Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels:
- Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Howard Johnson, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, NH Collection.
- Cancelation: In case of cancellation of 48 hours or less before the excursion, the service is not refundable.