Discover tunnels dug with pick and shovel and tall bridges across steep canyons, a unique journey starting from Ibarra, the “White City” to reach the warm Salinas, where you can listen the traditional “bomba” music in Salinas. You’ll discover colorful murals commemorating the history and culture of Afro-ecuadorian people.
- Train ticket
- Guidance through the journey
- Snack onboard
- Museum tickets
- Other visits detailed in the itinerary
- Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary
Starting at: $39USD
With seven tunnels dug with pick and shovel and tall bridges across steep canyons, the la Libertad Train offers a unique journey starting from Ibarra, the “White City” to reach the warm Salinas, where we are received to the tune of la “bomba”. In Salinas you’ll discover colorful murals commemorating the history and culture of Afro-ecuadorian people. Visit its museums and enterprises and enjoy the local cuisine in a trip full of memorable experiences. Departure to Ibarra in the afternoon.
Departures: Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Holidays
Schedule: 11:25 am to 16:40 pm; Passengers must arrive 30 mins before departure
Rates: Standard Child/ People with Special needs $29,00 USD
- A guarded parking area is available at Ibarra Station. Ibarra is 126 km north from Quito -2.30 to 3 hour’s drive. In Otavalo there are paid parking lots nearby the railway station. Otavalo is 90km north from Quito a 2 to 2:30 hours drive.
- All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances.
"We did the four day Tren Crucero tour from Quito to Guayaquil. The train is beautifully appointed and comfortable, and the onboard staff just could not be better. The trip features beautiful landscapes, impressive volcanos, friendly locals, and colourful indigenous people working in the fields and waving to the passing train". Kitty Victoria- British, Columbia- Tripadvisor
You may also like
Submit your review