Imbabura, the most diverse province of Ecuador. From Otavalo, home of the country’s largest Indigenous market, to Salinas, where the culture and history of Afro-Ecuadorians is alive and present in its streets.
- Train ticket
- Guidance through the journey
- Snack onboard
- Snacks at destinations
- Museum tickets
- Other visits detailed in the itinerary
- Land Transportation if Necessary
- Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary
Starting at: $55USD
Visit Imbabura, the most diverse province of Ecuador. From Otavalo, home of the country’s largest Indigenous market, to Salinas, where the culture and history of Afro-Ecuadorians is alive and present in its streets, Tren de la Libertad takes you through the history, music, gastronomy, crafts and the amazing landscapes of northern Andes. You will find unique experiences in San Roque, Andrade Marin, San Antonio, Ibarra, Hoja Blanca and Salinas de Ibarra stations, in a trip full of contrasts.
Departures: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Schedule: 08:00 am to 17:55 pm; Passengers must arrive 30 mins before departure time
Rates: Standard Child/ People with Special needs $38,00 USD
- The Otavalo station (Guayaquil between Juan Montalvo & Abdón Calderón) has no parking but there are paid parking lots in the area . Otavalo is 90 kilometers away from Quito and connected by the Pan American Highway and it takes 1h45 to 2h00 hours of travel time depending on traffic (especially heavy on weekends and holidays).
- All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances.
"We did the four day Tren Crucero tour from Quito to Guayaquil. The train is beautifully appointed and comfortable, and the onboard staff just could not be better. The trip features beautiful landscapes, impressive volcanos, friendly locals, and colourful indigenous people working in the fields and waving to the passing train". Kitty Victoria- British, Columbia- Tripadvisor
You may also like
Submit your review