Depart southwards to the “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Pichincha, Atacazo, Pasochoa, the Viudita, Rumiñahui volcanoes, among others flank the railway.
- Train ticket
- Guidance through the journey
- Mountain cloud forest hiking at El Boliche area
- Farm visit
- Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary
Starting at: $55USD
The adventure begins in Chimbacalle station, from where we depart southwards to the “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Pichincha, Atacazo, Pasochoa, the Viudita, Rumiñahui volcanoes, among others flank the railway. The road descends through the “jungles of Panzaleo” whence wood for building the churches of Quito came from, through grasslands, croplands and haciendas. In Tambillo and Machachi we’ll enjoy the cuisine and culture of the chagras, the Ecuadorian cowboys. In El Boliche, at the foothills of Cotopaxi, we discover its singular flora and fauna in an easy trek, then return to Machachi for lunch and a visit to “Granja La Estación”, a beautifully kept farm home of native and exotic animals.
Departures: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Schedule: 08:00 am to 17:30 pm; Passengers must arrive 30 mins before departure time
Rates: Standard Price $55,00 USD; Childrens/ People with special needs $38,00 USD
- Short, easy treks in rough terrain and high altitude. Likelihood of mudded trails from October to June. Free, guarded parking areas available for our clients in Chimbacalle station.
- All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances.
"We did the four day Tren Crucero tour from Quito to Guayaquil. The train is beautifully appointed and comfortable, and the onboard staff just could not be better. The trip features beautiful landscapes, impressive volcanos, friendly locals, and colourful indigenous people working in the fields and waving to the passing train". Kitty Victoria- British, Columbia- Tripadvisor
You may also like
Submit your review