A half day journey into the some of the most relevant places in the city. Arguably the most beautiful colonial city in Ecuador, Cuenca is a top destination for travelers and expats. In Cuenca, time seems to have stopped. Nuns walking along cobblestone streets, people riding in carriages, craft traditions offering ceramics, metalwork and the famous panama hats; all of them telling a story of a place that keeps its traditions intact – Lonely Planet.
- Modern Art Museum
- Abdon Calderon Park
- New Cathedral
- Homero Ortega Panama Hat Factory
- The city tour will start at the Plaza San Sebastian, which constitutes the western colonial border of the city of Cuenca.
- Then we visit the Modern Arts Museum where many contemporary artworks are displayed.
- We will walk by the downtown historical area to visit the San Francisco market, the flower market, the culture house, the Abdon Calderon Park, and the old cathedral (we will not enter). We will enter in the New Cathedral, where we will observe the famous gold leaf canopy.
- Our journey continues to the Homero Ortega Panama Hat factory where we could observe the complete process of manufacturing of the Panama hat; the most popular and finest hats worldwide.
- Later on we will visit the “Barranco” neighborhood with its colonial style terraced houses located next to the “Tomebamba River”.
- Also we will also observe the “Broken bridge” and finally visit the tourist balcony of “Turi” where we can see a panoramic view of the whole city of Cuenca.
- Then return to the Hotel.
- City Tour 4 hours
- Optional Gratuities
- Services not specified in the tour
- Prices are per person for shared services.
- Operates eon Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday
- Pick-up time: 08h00 –08h30am
- Pick up from: Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Carvallo, El Dorado, Macondo, Eagle House, Victoria, St. Lucia, Mansion Alcazar.
- Cancelation: In case of cancellation of 48 hours or less before the excursion, the service is not refundable.