Considered to be an engineering marvel and one of the most difficult train routs to build in the world; the Devil's Nose offers you a journey you can't miss. During your trip you will be able to contemplate beautiful landscapes and the dramatic changes they have while you move from one region to another. To complete our excursion we will visit the Archeological Complex Ingapirca, a wonderful set of constructions that date back from the time of the Incas
- Train excursion to the Devil’s Nose
- Ingapirca Ruins
- Ceremonial Baths / Pilaloma Place / La Plaza o “Kancha”
- The Condamine / Storage and workshop structures
- Moon Calendar / The Elipse / Wineries / Camino del Inca “Ingañan”
Spanish and English
- We will go to the railroad station in “Alausi” located 160 km north of the city of Cuenca
- On the route taken we will see unforgettable Andean Landscapes, and then arrive in San Pedro de Alausi.
- Here we begin a dramatic decline of 1h 30min aboard a train, which goes by the famous “Devils Nose” mountain;
- This railroad was recognized as one of the world’s greatest engineering achievements of the 20th century.
- After getting off the train we will continue the trip to visit the most important archeological site of Ecuador, the Inca Ruins of Ingapirca.
- Return to Cuenca
- Tour 12 hours
- Transportation to Railroad Station Alausí
- Bilingüal guide (Spanish / English)
- Pick up and drop off at assigned points
- Transportation back to Cuenca
- Admission fee to the Ingapirca Ruins. Locals $3 ; International travelers $6
- Train ticket $35
- Optional gratuities
- Services not specified in the tour
- Prices are per person on shared service
- Operations on Fridays
- Pick-up time: 06h30 –07h00am
- Transportation from: Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Carvallo, El Dorado, Macondo, Eagle House, Victoria, St. Lucia, Mansion Alcazar.
- Cancelation: In case of cancellation of 7 days of less before the excursion, the service is not refundable.