This is a one-day trip every local and visitor loves. On your way to Otavalo try typical snacks, contemplate the volcanoes, plantations and lagoons that beautifully decorate the area. At your arrival visit the famous artisans market, where you will find more than you can imagine; from tiny handicrafts, to woven ponchos and more.
Visit the neighboring communities of Cotacachi and Peguche; the first is attractive for leather clothing designs, and the second for its cosiness and landscapes. Live a journey full of flavors, traditions and pictoresque landscapes.
- Depart from Quito through the Pan-American North Highway until arriving to Cayambe, where the passengers will have the opportunity to taste the delicious “Bizcochos de Cayambe”, a type of cracker or bread baked in a clay oven (greatly paired with local cheese or caramel sauce).
- Afterwards, we will make a brief stop at “Miralago”, to admire a wonderful view of San Pablo Lake.
- The tour then continues to Otavalo where Otavaleños (natives) set up a market in which a bartering manner of shopping is taken place. The market hosts a variety of different handcrafted items.
Passengers may choose between staying longer in Otavalo or go to visit to the leather shops at Cotacachi. On the way to Cotacachi, we will visit a traditional workshop of Andean instruments “Ñanda Mañachi” located in Peguche. In Cotacachi you have enough time to visit the village, the shops of leather goods and free time for lunch. Return to Quito picking up passengers in Otavalo (spot determined by Gray Line Guide).
- Tour to Otavalo 8 hours
- Roundtrip Hotel Transfers
- Optional Gratuities
- Services not specified in the itinerary
- Prices are per person for shared services.
- Operates on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Pick-up time: 07h00 –08h20am
- Bus will wait for 10 minutes in Otavalo to pick up passangers that stayed there, after that will return to Quito with passengers that are on board.
- Pick up from: Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels:
- Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Howard Johnson, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, NH Collection.
- Cancelation: In case of cancellation of 48 hours or less before the excursion, the service is not refundable.