This is a trip recommended to those who want to have a clear idea of what the city has to offer. From joyful local markets to an impressive precolumbine museum, this journey is a mix of adventures for those who want to see it all. Admire the beauty of precolumbine art, walk around colonial streets, visit the most beautiful 16th century churches and iconic plazas; and more. A trip to make you fall for Quito
- Basilica Church
- San Francisco Market
- Casa del Alabado Museum
- La Compañia Church
- Plaza Grande
- La Ronda Street
- We will board our original Trolley bus, a replica of the tram that circulated Quito last century, to reach the historic center, where we will know the church of the Basilica del Voto Nacional. Then, we will arrive to Plaza de la Independencia, the most traditional plaza in the city; which is surrounded by the Cathedral Church, the Government’s Palace and the Archbishop’s Palace.
- A few meters away we will visit the arguably most beautiful Church in the city, La Compañia (admission included), recognized for its adornments and gold altars. Then we will head to the Church of San Francisco built in the seventeenth century. Then we walk to San Francisco local Market, one of the oldest in the city, which keeps the charm, tradition and good taste of typical markets, inherited from generation to generation. Here we will be able to see the use of traditional Andean herbal medicine, and taste some freshly squeezed juices from a variety of fruit.
- Once we have completed the visit to the market, the impressive museum Casa del Alabado (admission included), dedicated to Pre-Columbian Art and Ecuadorian Archeology, awaits us.
- We will have a typical Ecuadorian homemade lunch, ending with a dessert hand made in the oldest cafe in the city “Heladeria San Agustin“.
- After lunch, we walk towards the traditional Calle La Ronda to tour their houses full of art, culture and crafty demonstrations, where we will see the various workshops of the “Manos a la Ronda Project” seeking to rescue the traditional crafts of “Escuela Quiteña”, and know closely the traditional processes of jewelry, ironwork, inlaid, headgear, tin, among others. In this neighborhood we will find a space where characters recreate the colonial city and get tought traditional games of langsyne.
Once the tour has concluded, those who wish can stay in the historic center, otherwise we will complement this local experience, by using public transportation to move north of the city.
- City Tour 8 hours
- Casa del Alabado Museum Admission Ticket
- La Compañia Church Admission Ticket
- Some Admissions
- Optional Gratuities
- Services not specified in the tour
- Prices are per person for shared services.
- Operates every day except on Sundays
- Pick-up time: 08h00 –09h20am
- Pick up from: Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels:
- Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Howard Johnson, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, NH Collection.
- Cancelation: In case of cancellation of 48 hours or less before the excursion, the service is not refundable.