Combine scenery, culture and shopping in a journey that takes us from the temperate valley of Ambato to the Andean high plateau
- Train ticket
- Guidance through the journey
- Snack at Café del Tren in Urbina
- Access to attractions and other visits detailed in the itinerary
- Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary
Starting at: $32USD
This train combines scenery, culture and shopping in a journey that takes us from the temperate valley of Ambato to the Andean high plateau – known as paramo- of Urbina, more than 4,000 meters above sea level in the foothills of Chimborazo. There, the last Ice Merchant of Chimborazo and custodian of this ancient trade awaits us. Those willing to stay overnight in this unique place can book a comfortable room at the Train Mountain Lodge.
Departures: Friday, Saturday (motor truck)
Schedule: 08:00 am to 17:00 pm; Passengers should be 30 minutes prior departure
Rates: Standard $32,00 USD; Standard Child / People with Special Needs $22,00 USD
- Ambato is 150 km southbound from Quito, a 2hour drive approximately. NO parking area at the station.
- All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances.
"We did the four day Tren Crucero tour from Quito to Guayaquil. The train is beautifully appointed and comfortable, and the onboard staff just could not be better. The trip features beautiful landscapes, impressive volcanos, friendly locals, and colourful indigenous people working in the fields and waving to the passing train". Kitty Victoria- British, Columbia- Tripadvisor
You may also like
Submit your review