A train journey, from the valley of Ambato, nestled between the arms of the Eastern and Western Andes to the slopes of Cotopaxi volcano.
- Train ticket
- Guidance through the journey
- Mountain cloud forest hiking at El Boliche area
- Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary
Starting at: $32USD
Enjoy a unique train journey, from the valley of Ambato, nestled between the arms of the Eastern and Western Andes to the slopes of Cotopaxi volcano. Travel along the avenue of volcanoes northbound. Mama Tunguraha and Sangay, two of the most active volcanoes in the country watch over the entrance to the Amazon area. Slowly climbing to 11.400 feet, the train crosses plantations of export-class roses, Yambo lagoon keeper of secrets, and Latacunga Artisans’ Plaza before reaching an unexpected cloud forest in the skirts of Cotopaxi.
Departures: please confirm with Top Experiences the days of departure
Schedule: 08:30 am to 17:40 pm; Passengers must arrive 30 mins before departure time
Rates: Standard Price $32,00 USD; Standard Child/ People with Special needs $26,00 USD
- This program includes short walks on uneven and high altitude terrain. On rainy season in the Andes, October to June, you might expect mud. Ambato train station provides free and secure parking.
- All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances.
"We did the four day Tren Crucero tour from Quito to Guayaquil. The train is beautifully appointed and comfortable, and the onboard staff just could not be better. The trip features beautiful landscapes, impressive volcanos, friendly locals, and colourful indigenous people working in the fields and waving to the passing train". Kitty Victoria- British, Columbia- Tripadvisor
You may also like
Submit your review